Everest Base Camp Trek
$ 4 495 USD (including tax)
The main group will trek to Base camp and come back via Gokyo.
(However, we are aware that some participants have an interest in climbing a 6000m mountain (Island Peak and/or Lobuche East) and that can definitely be arranged during that timeframe. Contact us for more info :)
* It’s important to bear in mind that there are many uncontrollable factors with respect to quoting exact dates for these trips. If in doubt, ensure that your return flight is flexible or book a later date for your return that you can bring forward if necessary.
** Regarding the start dates listed above, they always apply to the date that we expect you to arrive in Kathmandu by. You can of course arrive earlier and we would be more than happy to arrange hotel accommodation in addition to the 4 nights included in the price.
The prices above are all-inclusive and depart with named guides who have all summited Everest (Rob, Kev and Ang Nuru), who are medically trained (Rob, MK and Kev), and who are passionate and knowledgeable about the region. This is an important thing to consider when deciding which company to sign up with for your Everest Base Camp trek and climbing expedition.
We think it’s important for the sake of your enjoyment that once you are in the Khumbu valley, there should be very little reason to put your hand in your pockets, other than to buy some souvenirs or ‘treats’ along the way.
The following is what we include in the price:
- Meet & Greet at Kathmandu international airport and transfer to your hotel
- All subsequent transportation required to fulfill your chosen itinerary, including hotel transfer to and from the domestic airport (for flights to Lukla) and transfer to the international airport (for your flight home)
- Maximum of 4 nights accommodation in Kathmandu in 3+/4 star, named hotel on B&B basis
- Welcome meal in Kathmandu
- Guided tour of Kathmandu in private transportation
- Return flights to Lukla, including domestic departure tax
- Everest trekking permit
- Sagarmatha Park entrance fees
- All lodging, food and beverage* costs in the Khumbu Valley.
- Friendly and experienced guides: Rob Casserley, Kevin Vann, Ang Nuru Sherpa and Marie-Kristelle Ross (12 Everest summits between them)
- Sufficient numbers of porters to ensure that you carry very little weight on the trail
- Peace of mind that all staff will be adequately insured and paid by Trek8848
- Tips already included in the price, so no awkward moments at the end of the expedition**
- Massage on your return to Kathmandu
*This includes 4L/d (approximately 135 fluid ounces) of bottled water and unlimited hot drinks. Fizzy drinks, beer and chocolate not included.
**Naturally, if you are keen to tip our Sherpa (particularly after Island Peak or Lobuche East) and porter staff, this would be welcomed by them, but please do not feel that this is an obligation.
What’s not included in the price:
- Entry visa to Kathmandu – issued on arrival to most nationalities, including US, UK, EU & Canadian passport holders
- Any food and drink purchased in Kathmandu, in addition to breakfasts and the welcome meal
- Fizzy drinks, beer, chocolate, hot showers, battery charging or washing in the Khumbu
- Single room supplements in hotel accommodation in Kathmandu ($20-30 per night)
- Additional nights spent in hotel accommodation in Kathmandu – we can organise this on request (depending on location, $70 – $100 per night based on double occupancy)
- Personal articles such as clothing, toiletries (including toilet-roll and wet-wipes) and any other item(s) that will make your trip more comfortable. Please refer to gear list
- International flights to Kathmandu from home country
- Travel Insurance (to cover climbing expedition, if applicable)